- One 14 ounce (396g) package firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Basil, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Pat the tofu dry with paper towels to remove excess water. Cut into 1/2–inch thick slices.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and after the oil is hot, carefully add the tofu into a single layer (hot oil may splatter). Sear each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden and crisped. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
Lower the heat to medium-high and add the butter. After the butter is melted, stir in the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is soft.
Pour in the wine and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the wine is reduced in half. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 seconds or until the tomatoes are heated through.
Plate the tofu and spoon the tomatoes and sauce over the tofu. Serve warm garnished with basil.