- One 12-ounce package firm silken tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices of whole wheat or multi-grain sandwich bread, toasted
- 3/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
How to make this recipe
- Wrap the drained tofu in paper towels and very gently press out some of the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, using a pastry blender or a fork, finely chop the tofu. Add the mayonnaise, snipped chives, chopped celery, Dijon mustard and turmeric and mix gently. Season the tofu salad with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the tofu salad onto 4 slices of whole wheat toast, top with the sprouts, close the sandwiches and serve.
The tofu salad can be refrigerated overnight.
Crisp, nutty brown ale: Newcastle.