- One 12-ounce package firm silken tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices of whole wheat or multi-grain sandwich bread, toasted
- 3/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
How to make this recipe
Wrap the drained tofu in paper towels and very gently press out some of the excess water.
In a medium bowl, using a pastry blender or a fork, finely chop the tofu. Add the mayonnaise, snipped chives, chopped celery, Dijon mustard and turmeric and mix gently. Season the tofu salad with salt and pepper.
Spoon the tofu salad onto 4 slices of whole wheat toast, top with the sprouts, close the sandwiches and serve.
The tofu salad can be refrigerated overnight.
Crisp, nutty brown ale: Newcastle.