- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- One 14-ounce package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Steamed basmati rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion, serrano, garlic, ginger, coriander, garam masala and tomatoes and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant and saucy, about 8 minutes. Stir in the tofu and 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer. Garnish with cilantro and serve with basmati rice.
Pair with a juicy, tropical fruit-inflected South African Chenin Blanc.