- One 14 ounce (396g) package firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil), divided
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 cups lightly packed chopped kale
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Pat the tofu block dry with paper towels to remove excess water. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and after the oil is hot, carefully add the tofu into a single layer (hot oil may splatter). Sear each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden and crisped. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Stir in the onions, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft and light golden.
Stir in the white wine, lemon juice, mustard, and salt. Simmer for 30 seconds and then stir in the kale and tomatoes. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about 1 minutes or until kale is tender.
Toss tofu with the kale and serve warm.