- One 14 ounce (396g) package firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil), divided
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 cups lightly packed chopped kale
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
How to make this recipe
- Pat the tofu block dry with paper towels to remove excess water. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and after the oil is hot, carefully add the tofu into a single layer (hot oil may splatter). Sear each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden and crisped. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Stir in the onions, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft and light golden.
- Stir in the white wine, lemon juice, mustard, and salt. Simmer for 30 seconds and then stir in the kale and tomatoes. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about 1 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Toss tofu with the kale and serve warm.