- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way Takashi Yagihashi serves a pot of broth with tofu and vegetables, including kombu (a seaweed). Diners pluck out the ingredient they want and dip it in flavorings, including soy, mirin and yuzu.
Healthier Way This dish is already supernutritious; to simplify it, use supermarket ingredients and combine everything in the potno dipping required.
- 2 teaspoons instant dashi powder (see Note)
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and caps thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame (3 ounces)
- One 14-ounce package firm silken tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- One 5-ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons bonito flakes, optional (see Note)
- In a large saucepan, bring the dashi and water to a simmer. Add the grated ginger, sliced shiitake, edamame, tofu and water chestnuts and simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the spinach, soy sauce, mirin and lemon juice and stir just until the spinach is wilted. Serve in bowls with the scallion and bonito.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.