- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Sucanat sugar (see Note)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds (4 ounces)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a small bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Beat in the sugars then beat in the egg and vanilla. Beat in the sesame seeds and the dry ingredients.
Scoop tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheets and roll into balls; press into 2-inch rounds. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Sucanat is available at health food stores.