© Evan Sklar
Toasted Panettone with Orange Mascarpone Cream
- SERVINGS: 6
To make the best chocolate shavings, bring the chocolate to room temperature. Use a sturdy, swivel-headed peeler to create the curls, pressing hard.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 6 thick slices best-quality panettone
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk the mascarpone until smooth. Add the orange zest and juice along with the liqueur and confectioners' sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the panettone slices on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and heated through, turning once. Transfer the slices to dessert plates and spoon the mascarpone cream on top. Sprinkle with the chocolate shavings and serve.
Make Ahead The mascarpone cream can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
Asti has a wonderful orange-flower aroma that complements the cream. Try the a Moscato d'Asti.