Toasted Nuts in Honey
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes one 12-ounce jar or two 6-ounce jars
Party Plan Roast several batches of different types of nuts before the party so everyone can choose their favorite varieties.
Note For The Gift Tag "Spoon over ice cream or yogurt, serve with ricotta or sheep's-milk cheese or mix into chicken or pork stir-fries. The jars can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 month."
Plus: Ultimate Holiday Guide
- 1 cup mixed unsalted nuts, such as almonds, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts and walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups clover honey
- DRIED FRUIT AND TOASTED NUTS IN CHESTNUT HONEY Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the mixed nuts on a medium rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Transfer the nuts to a plate. Let cool.
- Pour half of the honey into a 12-ounce clear-glass jar or into two 6-ounce jars. Add the nuts and top with the remaining honey. Seal the jar.
- For a more intense flavor, replace 1/4 cup of the clover honey with earthy chestnut honey. Replace 2 tablespoons of the toasted nuts with 2 tablespoons of dried cherries or dried currants.