Toasted Manioc Flour
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 2 cups
Manioc, also called cassava, is a starchy tropical tuber. Ground and dried, it becomes manioc flourwhat tapioca is made of. Manioc flour is often sprinkled over feijoada to thicken it and add substance and crunch.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups manioc flour (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over low heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the egg and cook, stirring, until dry and crumbly, about 30 seconds. Add the manioc flour and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes. Stir in the parsley and season with salt. Serve with the feijoada.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.