- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups manioc flour (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over low heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the egg and cook, stirring, until dry and crumbly, about 30 seconds. Add the manioc flour and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes. Stir in the parsley and season with salt. Serve with the feijoada.
The toasted manioc flour can be prepared earlier in the day and reheated.
Manioc flour, or cassava flour, is available at Latin markets.