- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons homemade dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary and dill
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter1 tablespoon melted
- One 11-ounce log of fresh goat cheese, cut crosswise into 6 disks and chilled
- 1/2 pound mesclun mix
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, basil, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic, 1 tablespoon of the parsley and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil in a thin stream until emulsified.
- In a shallow bowl, toss the bread crumbs with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic and 1 tablespoon parsley, the mixed herbs and the 1 tablespoon melted butter. Press the crumbs onto both sides of the goat cheese disks.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add the goat cheese and cook over high heat until toasted on the bottom, about 1 minute. Carefully turn and cook until toasted, about 30 seconds more.
- Add the mesclun to the dressing and toss. Mound the salad on 6 plates, set a warm goat cheese disk on each and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.