- 3/4 cup farro
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 packed cups baby turnip greens or spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pomegranate molasses, for drizzling (optional)
How to make this recipe
- In a saucepan, cover the farro with water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderate heat until just tender, 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until chilled.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of water with the tahini and olive oil.
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the farro in an even layer and cook over high heat, stirring once, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water and the greens and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the greens are just tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley and the tahini mixture and remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt. Transfer the farro to a bowl, drizzle with pomegranate molasses and serve.
One Serving 159 cal, 17 gm carb, 9 gm fat, 1.4 gm sat fat, 4 gm protein, 3 gm fiber.
Lively, refreshing Grüner Veltliner from Austria.