Toasted Cornmeal Corn Bread
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: makes one 9-by-13-inch corn bread
- 2 cups coarse yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup honey, warmed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Oil a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan.
- In a medium skillet, toast the cornmeal over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the milk with the honey and eggs. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and whisk until moistened. Add the butter and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the corn bread cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.