Tim Love's Wild Game Rub
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 cup
Chef Tim Love created this peppery spice blend for big cuts of meat, but he uses it for everything from yucca chips to chiles rellenos. His favorite flavoring in the rub: ground guajillo chiles. "Besides being fun to say [gwah-HEE-yoh], I like the fruity flavor," he says. If you can't find guajillos, substitute smoky ancho powder.
Plus: F&W's Grilling Guide
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup pure chile powder, such as guajillo or ancho
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Mix all of the ingredients in a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.