© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Tilapia with Spicy Garlic Oyster Sauce
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 2
Thai chiles add great heat to a spicy garlic oyster sauce mixture, which pairs wonderfully with tilapia.
Slideshow: Fast Fish Recipes
- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 Thai chilies, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until soft. Stir in the oyster sauce, water, and chiles. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- Plate the fillets and then spoon the sauce over the fillets. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.