- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced shallots
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
How to make this recipe
Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and then stir in the garlic and shallots. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
Stir in the edamame, fish sauce, and garlic chili sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until the edamame are heated through.
Plate the fillets and then spoon the edamame mixture and any remaining juices over the fillets. Serve warm.