- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- Italian flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a large sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of the oil over moderately high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper and sauté for two minutes on each side. Transfer the fish to a plate and set aside.
In the same sauté pan, add one tablespoon of the olive oil, shallot, garlic, olives, capers and thyme and sauté for two minutes over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for three minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Return the fish to the pan, toss and simmer for one minute. Garnish with parsley and serve.