Tiki Snack Mix
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 1/2 cups
This irresistible mix of soy-and-honey-glazed peanuts, bacon and chewy glazed pineapple is the perfect complement to tiki cocktails, combining Polynesian-inspired flavors in every bite.
- 8 thick slices of meaty bacon
- 3 cups salted roasted peanuts
- 4 candied pineapple rings, cut into 1/3-inch triangles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a rack set over a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a bowl, toss the bacon with the peanuts, pineapple, sesame seeds, soy sauce, honey and cayenne. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once, until the bacon is browned. Season the mix with salt and stir occasionally until cool, then serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.