- Strawberry-flavored Pop Rocks candy, crushed, for rimming glass
- Agave nectar, for rimming glass
- 1 1/2 ounces Roca Patrón Silver tequila
- 3 ounces fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce soda water
- 1/2 ounce cardamom-infused simple syrup (see Note)
How to make this recipe
Prepare two saucers, one with a small amount of agave nectar and another with some crushed Pop Rocks candy. Twist rim of glass in nectar, then dip the rim of the glass into the candy and twist.
Fill the rimmed glass with ice, layer all remaining ingredients, stir gently and serve immediately.
To make cardamom-infused simple syrup, grind 1 cup green cardamom pods in a spice grinder and place in a small saucepan. Add 3 cups simple syrup to pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain syrup through a fine strainer and transfer to a squeeze bottle.