- 1/2 pound raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Spanish Pimentón de la Vera or other smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes, stirring once, until lightly toasted.
- Transfer the pumpkin seeds to a large, shallow bowl. Add the olive oil and toss to coat. Add the Pimentón, hot paprika, cayenne and salt and toss again. Let cool completely, then serve.
The toasted, spiced pepitas can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.