Three-Mustard Potato Salad
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR plus overnight chilling
- SERVINGS: 8
Todd English mixes his creamy potato salad with three different mustardsyellow, Dijon and whole-grainto get a complex layering of heat and flavor. Flecks of roasted pepper, red onion and parsley enliven the salad as well.
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderate heat until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and let cool completely, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustards, vinegar and olive oil and whisk until smooth. Add the onion, roasted red peppers and parsley. Gently fold in the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.