Three-Cheese Linguine with Chicken and Spinach
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped marjoram
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 3-by-1/2-inch strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 5-ounce bags prewashed baby spinach
- 3 ounces Asiago cheese, coarsely shredded (1 cup)
- 3 ounces Fontina cheese, coarsely shredded (3/4 cup)
- 3 ounces finely grated Parmesan cheese (3/4 cup)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic, thyme and marjoram. Add the chicken; season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Heat a large skillet. Add the spinach and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until wilted. Transfer to a colander and drain well. Wipe out the skillet.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and marinade. Cook over moderately high heat until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Toss in the spinach.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Add the chicken, spinach, Asiago, Fontina and half of the Parmesan. Add 3/4 cup of the reserved water. Cook over low heat, tossing, until creamy, 1 minute; add more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.