Three-Cheese Fondue with Pickles
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
To make her fondue especially rich and creamy, Ali Larter adds Brie to a mix of Swiss cheeses. She serves the fondue with bread as well as more original accompaniments like fennel wedges and tangy cornichons.
- 1/2 pound Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Emmentaler cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Brie—rind discarded, cheese cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 1/4 cups dry sparkling wine
- 2 teaspoons kirsch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cornichons, cubed bread and sliced fennel, for serving
- In a bowl, toss the cheeses and flour. Rub the inside of a fondue pot or an enameled cast-iron casserole with the cut sides of the garlic. Add the sparkling wine and simmer over moderately low heat for 3 minutes. Add the cheese in small handfuls, stirring constantly until melted before adding the next handful. Stir in the kirsch and nutmeg. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot with cornichons, bread and fennel.
Creamy, splurge-worthy Champagne.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.