- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound green string beans and yellow wax beans, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Add the beans and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the water; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook the beans until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Add the zest and chives and cook, stirring, until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Stir in the lemon juice and serve.
One Serving 88 cal, 7 gm fat, 1.0 gm sat fat, 6.5 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.