- 4 cups plain whole milk yogurt (see Note)
- 12 large scallions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
How to make this recipe
Line a colander with cheesecloth or 2 sheets of damp paper towel. Set the colander over a bowl, add the yogurt and let drain in the refrigerator until thick, at least 4 hours or overnight.
In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the scallions, jalapeños, vinegar and garlic and season with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, dill and mint and drizzle generously with olive oil. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
The seasoned yogurt can be refrigerated overnight. Sprinkle with the toppings just before serving.
Middle Eastern shops sell thick yogurt that has already been drained.