Thick Herbed Yogurt
- SERVINGS: Makes about 3 cups
Turkish yogurt is thick as clotted cream and just as rich. American yogurt that has been drained is a good approximation. The seasoned yogurt is marvelous with fresh pita bread.
- 4 cups plain whole milk yogurt (see Note)
- 12 large scallions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Line a colander with cheesecloth or 2 sheets of damp paper towel. Set the colander over a bowl, add the yogurt and let drain in the refrigerator until thick, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the scallions, jalapeños, vinegar and garlic and season with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, dill and mint and drizzle generously with olive oil. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.