The Victoria Room Punch Bowl
- SERVINGS: Makes about 8 drinks
While on a trip to Australia, David Wondrich met rum expert Lee Potter Cavanagh. The young mixologist came up with this tea-based punch at Sydney's Victoria Room, where he teaches punch-making classes.
- 18 ounces aged dark rum
- 4 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 ounces agave nectar mixed with 2 1/2 ounces warm water
- 24 ounces chilled brewed Earl Grey tea
- Ice, preferably large cubes
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced and seeded, and 8 mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a small punch bowl, combine the rum, lemon juice and agave syrup. Add the tea and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Add ice and garnish with the lemon wheels and mint sprigs.