© Quentin Bacon
The Savoy Daisy
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
Erik Lorincz, head bartender at The Savoy hotel in London, updates the classic Daisy cocktail. Instead of using white sugar as a sweetener, he opts for muscovado, an unrefined brown sugar with a very moist texture and a strong molasses flavor.
- 2 ounces ruby port
- 1/4 ounce Bacardi 8-year aged rum
- 1 ounce Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva rum
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon grenadine
- 1 orange twist
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the ingredients except the orange twist and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with the twist.