© Antonis Achilleos
The Radiant Glow
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: about 2 1/2 cups
Leslie Needleman, co-owner of The Gem in Dallas, came up with this recipe to help give her extra energy and vitamins during a round of chemotherapy.
Slideshow: Best Healthy Recipes Ever
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger (about 1/2 ounce)
- 1 lemon (about 4 ounces)—peeled, pith removed and halved
- 5 Tuscan kale leaves (about 4 ounces)
- 1 Gala apple (about 8 ounces)—halved, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 small red beet (about 8 ounces), scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 large cucumber (about 12 ounces), cut into 3-inch pieces
- In an electric juicer, juice all of the ingredients. Serve right away.