The Messenger Punch
- SERVINGS: Makes about 16 drinks
Created by Death & Co. bartender Jason Littrell and cocktail blogger Hal Wolin, this drink was one of nine punches served at a huge event in New York City in May 2010. David Wondrich, who was the evening's special guest, chose the Messenger Punch as his favorite.
- 8 ounces pear liqueur
- 12 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces orgeat (almond-flavored syrup)
- 1 1/2 ounces Don's Spices #2 (TraderTiki.com) or 1 1/2 ounces Vanilla Spice Syrup
- 16 dashes of Fee Brothers Whiskey BarrelAged bitters or Angostura bitters
- One 750-ml bottle bonded apple brandy
- 32 ounces chilled club soda
- Ice, preferably 1 large block
- In a punch bowl, combine the pear liqueur, lemon juice, pineapple juice, orgeat, Don's Spices and bitters. Add the apple brandy and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir in the club soda and add ice.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.