- 1 1/2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1 ounce Amaro Meletti or Amaro Nonino (bittersweet herbal liqueurs)
- 1/2 ounce Cinnamon-Fig Vermouth (see Note)
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 chocolate-covered cherries dusted with cayenne pepper and cinnamon and skewered on a pick, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Fill a pint glass with ice. Add the rye, amaro, Cinnamon-Fig Vermouth, bitters and cayenne pepper and stir well. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish the drink with the skewered chocolate-covered cherries.
Cinnamon-Fig Vermouth In a jar, combine 7 ounces sweet vermouth with 2 cinnamon sticks, 1/2 cup halved dried Black Mission figs and 1 tablespoon sugar. Refrigerate for 48 hours. Strain the infused vermouth into a clean jar and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Makes about 5 ounces.