- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
While visiting his friend Tim Rita, head bartender at Halekulani hotel, Francesco Lafranconi came up with the idea to create a cocktail using the hotel's house-made poha berry (a.k.a. Cape gooseberry) jam.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably London dry
- 3/4 ounce Grand Marnier
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Cape gooseberry jam or bitter orange marmalade
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the gin, Grand Marnier, lime juice and jam and shake well. Strain the drink into a chilled coupe and add the bitters. Garnish with the lime leaf.