- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
Love Shack • Fort Worth, TX
Chef Tim Love, whose specialty is all things meat (burgers, steaks), says this variation on an old-fashioned is just the kind of cocktail he likes while sitting around the fire at his ranch after a day of hunting. He prefers making it with Crown Royal, "the unofficial whisky of Texas," he says. The black lime powder he uses in the syrup is sour and citrusy, with a subtle fermented flavor; sometimes called omani, it's available at kalustyans.com.
- 3 ounces Crown Royal Black Canadian whisky
- 1 1/2 ounces blood orange liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Black Lime Syrup
- 1 pitted cherry and 1 blood orange wheel, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the garnish and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled double rocks glass and garnish with the cherry and blood orange wheel.