- 20 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons Simple Syrup
- 6 ounces aged rum, preferably Ron Zacapa 23
- 3 ounces gin, preferably Tanqueray Rangpur
- 8 dashes of hibiscus-rose bitters
- Citrus-Mint Foam (see Note)
How to make this recipe
- In a pint glass, lightly muddle 16 mint leaves with the Simple Syrup. Add the rum, gin, bitters and ice and stir well. Fine strain into 4 chilled coupes and top with the Citrus-Mint Foam. Garnish each drink with a mint leaf.
Citrus-Mint Foam In the canister of a cream whipper (see Note), combine 1 ounce orange curacao, 3 ounces simple syrup, 2 ounces fresh lime juice, 1 large egg white and 4 mint leaves. Seal the canister, shake hard and charge twice according to the manufacturer's directions, using 1 or 2 nitrous oxide chargers; shake well between charges. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Shake before using. Makes enough foam for 4 drinks.
Cream whippers and nitrous oxide chargers are sold at kitchenware shops and surlatable.com.