© Andrew Purcell
The Blue Steel
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
In this festive tropical cocktail, rum is mixed with lime and passion fruit juices, then topped with vivid-blue curaçao.
Slideshow: Tasty Tropical Island Drinks
- 2 ounces golden rum
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (see Note)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1/4 ounce orgeat (almond-flavored syrup)
- 1 dash of Angostura bitters
- Crushed ice
- 1/2 ounce blue curaçao
- Orange and lime wheels, for garnish
- In a collins glass, stir everything except the ice, blue curaçao and garnishes. Add crushed ice and mix with a swizzle stick or bar spoon, then pack more crushed ice on top. Pour the blue curaçao over the drink and garnish with orange and lime wheels.
NotesTo make simple syrup, simmer 1/2 cup water with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, stirring frequently until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool.