The Blue Steel
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
In this festive tropical cocktail, rum is mixed with lime and passion fruit juices, then topped with vivid-blue curaçao.
- 2 ounces golden rum
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (see Note)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1/4 ounce orgeat (almond-flavored syrup)
- 1 dash of Angostura bitters
- Crushed ice
- 1/2 ounce blue curaçao
- Orange and lime wheels, for garnish
- In a cocktail glass, stir everything except the ice, blue curaçao and garnishes. Add crushed ice and mix with a swizzle stick or bar spoon, then pack more crushed ice on top. Pour the blue curaçao over the drink and garnish with orange and lime wheels.