The Bloody Macallan (Scotch with Tomatoes)
- SERVINGS: ONE 7-OUNCE DRINK
Purists will insist that the subtleties of a fine single malt Scotch are lost in a mixed drink, but Gary and Mardee Haidin Regan are convinced that this cocktail is superior in every way. You may want to experiment with other single malts when you make this drinkHighland Park, Laphroaig and the Glenlivet 18 year old all work well. But they are enamored of The Macallan in this particular cocktail; it's rich, smooth and strangely exotic.
- 2 ounces 12- or 18-year-old The Macallan single malt Scotch
- 5 ounces tomato juice or vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 thin slice of cucumber
- 1 ruffle of pink pickled ginger
- Pour the Scotch and tomato juice into an ice-filled highball glass; float the cucumber slice on top. Thread the ginger on a cocktail pick and suspend it across the top of the glass