- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, separated
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Beltane Ranch Raspberry Syrup
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter and egg yolks.
- In another medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir just until combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter just until combined.
- Heat a lightly buttered griddle or cast-iron skillet. For each pancake, gently spread 1/4 cup of the batter on the hot surface to form a 4-inch circle. Cook over moderately low heat until the top is set, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and continue cooking until golden, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes. Divide the pancakes among plates, garnish with fresh raspberries and serve with Beltane Ranch Raspberry Syrup.
Contributed By Photo Published June 1996