The Best Buttermilk Pancakes
- SERVINGS: 4-6
Beltane Ranch's ripe raspberries serve as both a base for the fruity syrup and as a garnish for the pancakes. Fresh raspberries are the pride of the garden at Rosemary Wood's Beltane Ranch and the pride of the breakfast table as well.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, separated
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Beltane Ranch Raspberry Syrup
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter and egg yolks.
- In another medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir just until combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter just until combined.
- Heat a lightly buttered griddle or cast-iron skillet. For each pancake, gently spread 1/4 cup of the batter on the hot surface to form a 4-inch circle. Cook over moderately low heat until the top is set, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and continue cooking until golden, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes. Divide the pancakes among plates, garnish with fresh raspberries and serve with Beltane Ranch Raspberry Syrup.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.