- 1 small shallot, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Two 1/4-inch-thick slices of peeled fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and seeded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other Asian hot sauce
- 4 brioche or kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Bread-and-butter pickles, lettuce, mint leaves and chopped peanuts, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a mini food processor, pulse the shallot, cilantro, ginger and jalapeño with the fish sauce until chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and knead in the turkey. Using slightly moistened hands, form the meat into four 4-inch patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the burgers with oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden and crusty and just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the Sriracha. Spread the mixture on the rolls. Top with the burgers, pickles, lettuce, mint and peanuts, close and serve.
Beer Citrusy pale ale: Anderson Valley Poleeko Gold.