- 1 1/2 pounds soft tofu (not silken), drained
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber—halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Red leaf lettuce, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Crumble the tofu into a fine strainer set over a bowl to drain for 25 minutes. Discard the liquid.
- In a large bowl, toss the cucumber with the cilantro, mint, shallot and jalapeño. Add the tofu, fish sauce and lime juice and toss gently. Spoon into shallow bowls and serve with lettuce leaves for wrapping.
Caramelly pale ale: Anderson Valley Boont Amber.