Thai Grilled Skirt Steak
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus marinating
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of salted roasted peanuts
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of chile oil
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cilantro, peanuts, scallions, sugar, lime juice and chile oil; transfer half to a shallow dish. Add the steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Light a grill. Add the stock to the reserved marinade. Bring the steak to room temperature, season with salt and pepper and grill over high heat until medium-rare, 5 minutes. Transfer the steak to a board and let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain. Serve the steak with the sauce.
Chef Jeff Starr pairs this juicy skirt steak with top Napa Valley Cabernets.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.