- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chile, sliced (remove seeds for a less spicy flavor)
- 2 tablespoons store-bought green curry paste
- One 13 1/2-ounce can coconut milk, well shaken
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thick matchsticks
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Chopped fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Steamed white rice, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderately high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the chile and cook for 1 minute. Add the curry paste and 1/2 cup of the coconut milk and bring to a simmer, stirring until the curry paste has completely dissolved.
Add the rest of the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the green beans and simmer, stirring occasionally, until they are bright green, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the zucchini and chicken and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the zucchini is crisp-tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce and lime juice, then serve the chicken garnished with basil leaves, with rice and lime wedges on the side.