© Fredrika Stjärne
Thai Coconut Seafood Soup
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
Shrimp and scallops are excellent for quick meals, since they take just minutes to cook perfectly.
Slideshows: Fast Thai Dishes
- One 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- One 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon green Thai curry paste
- Pinch of sugar
- 3/4 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, quartered
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges and steamed rice, for serving
- In a large pot, combine the coconut milk with the clam juice, sliced jalapeño, fish sauce, curry paste, sugar and 1/4 cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, scallops and scallions and cook until the shrimp and scallops are just white throughout, about 2 minutes. Stir the mint, basil and cilantro into the soup and serve with lime wedges and steamed rice.
Pair with a tangy Austrian Grüner Veltliner.