© Cedric Angeles
Thai Chile Bloody Marys
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
To kick off his New Year's Day feast, cocktails a subtle, fruity sweetness. Any mild hot red pepper will work.
Classic Cocktail Recipes
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 30 cherry tomatoes (1/2 pound), halved
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 2/3 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus 10 lemon wedges, for serving
- 1 red Thai chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 10 celery ribs
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a blender, combine the tomato juice with the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, black pepper, celery seeds and Thai chile. Blend well. Transfer the Bloody Mary mix to a pitcher. Stir in the vodka.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes among 10 tall glasses; muddle the tomatoes. Fill the glasses with ice. Pour in the Bloody Mary mix, garnish each drink with a celery rib and lemon wedge and serve.
Make AheadThe Bloody Mary mix can be refrigerated overnight. Add the vodka before serving.