- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets, pounded thin and cut
- 1/4 pound small mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 cup drained canned baby corn, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 large jalapeños—halved, seeded and thickly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
In a small bowl, mix the oyster sauce with the fish sauce and sugar.
In a wok, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add the beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok and heat until smoking. Add the scallions, garlic and salt and stir-fry until the garlic is lightly golden, about 45 seconds. Add the chicken in 3 batches, waiting a few seconds between additions, and stir-fry until it barely turns white, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, corn, jalapeños and green beans and stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the oyster sauce mixture and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Stir in the basil, transfer to a platter and serve.