Thai Chicken and Wheat Berry Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This refreshing and hearty chicken-and-wheat-berry salad is lovely served in fresh lettuce cups.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, preferably dark meat
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cooked wheat berries or spelt
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/3 cup chopped basil, plus whole leaves for serving
- Lettuce cups, for serving
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the wheat berries, fish sauce and lime juice. Remove the skillet from the heat; stir in the chopped basil. Serve the salad warm with lettuce cups, lime wedges and basil leaves.
Lively, limey Albariño: 2012 La Caña.