- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
Cyrus Healdsburg, CA
Scott Beattie, a third generation San Franciscan, maintains a 40-page, meticulously annotated cocktail and spirits list at the renowned restaurant Cyrus in Sonoma County. Some of the herbs for this drink come from La Bonne Terre, a tiny farm run by Bert and Mary Villemaire about a quarter mile from Beattie's house on the Russian River.
- 10 Thai basil leaves, plus 1 Thai basil sprig
- 10 mint leaves
- 10 cilantro leaves
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces vanilla rum, preferably Charbay Tahitian Vanilla Rum
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce chilled ginger beer
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the basil leaves with the mint, cilantro and Simple Syrup. Add ice and the rum, coconut milk and lime juice and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled white wine glass or highball glass and stir in the ginger beer. Garnish with the basil sprig.