Thai Basil Fried Rice with Radishes
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Fish sauce, Thai basil and lime juice season this Thai-inspired fried rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 8 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Thai basil leaves
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat the oil. Add the shallots, carrots and radishes and stir-fry over high heat until the shallots are soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer. Add the rice and stir-fry until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and half of the basil and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the fried rice to bowls, garnish with the remaining basil and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.