Thai Basil and Chile Chicken
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips or chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 scallions, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Thai or bird chile, minced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Thai basil
- Steamed rice, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice with the soy sauce, sugar and fish sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the chicken and garlic and stir-fry over high heat for 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and the scallions to the skillet and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chile and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and the lime juice and simmer for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the Thai basil. Serve with rice.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.