- 1 pound baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil)
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
How to make this recipe
Trim the ends of the bok choy. Wash, pat dry with paper towels, and then set aside.
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add the ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until soft, and then add the shrimp. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until the shrimp is seared and cooked through.
Stir in the soy sauce, sake (or vermouth), brown sugar, and rice vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the bok choy and cook for 1 minute, or until the bok choy is cooked and the sauce is heated through.