© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Teriyaki Chicken Bok Choy
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 to 4
This superfast stir-fry makes everything so easy: ground chicken promises even cooking, bok choy packs a nutrient-loaded punch and a homemade teriyaki sauce ups the flavor ante.
Slideshow: Great Stir-Fry Dishes
- 1 pound baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil)
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Trim the ends of the bok choy. Wash, pat dry with paper towels, and then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add the onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until soft, and then add the ground chicken. Stirring occasionally to break up and turn the chicken, cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is evenly browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sake (or vermouth), brown sugar, and rice vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the bok choy and cook for 1 minute, or until the bok choy is cooked and the sauce is heated through. Serve warm.